This week I made some more progress on the new 'Monitor' tab. But I was also looking up on other query/server optimizer tools, to see how they solved it.
There's is 2 very good presentations from Oracle and the Pythian Group that I recommend watching to anyone who is interested in this topic.
What I made this week:
- A bit of more research how other query optimizer tools are built
- In the 'Monitor' Tab the charts can now be removed again and the UI is a bit better
- For all the charts, the chart size and refresh rate is changeable (this included building a tiny popup box)
- I've implemented cpu, memory and swap usage for windows and linux, however cpu and swap for linux still seem to display incorrect values. Some calcuation must be wrong or a name mistyped, I couldn't figure it out yet.
What I'm going to do next week:
- Fix cpu and swap chart for linux
- Below the charts will be starting to build a UI for selecting data from the slow query log and general log
- Some sort of play/pause button
- When there's time left: Safe the charts to the browser localstorage (next version will add saving to db)