Monday, May 23, 2011

First day of work

So today is the first official working day for the google summer of code. Gladly I could finish quite some work already last week so I can spend some more time learning for my last exam on friday.

What I've done so far for the status page:
- Reorganized the layout and separated the statistics into tabs
- JavaScript filtering by name, category and alarm values.
- Query chart loads asynchronously to speed up page loading

I also added the JavaScript filtering by name to the variables page.

What I'm going to do this week:
- i18n for the added Texts
- some CSS fixes, that will also improve other parts of phpMyAdmin
- Putting together Charsets, Engines, Processes and Status page into one page
- From what time is left: Further research on a proper history recording for server load and query history.

2 comments:

  1. Why do you want to put Charsets, Engines, Processes and Status on one page? Any particular reason?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of grouping them together into one page called 'Runtime information'.

    The pages Charsets,Engines,Processes all consist of a single page with information that do not really require its on link in the menu bar, as they are not very important.
    It would be more important to have the settings link always visible which is currently hidden under 'More' (at least at my resolution)

    ReplyDelete