As mentioned in my previous blog I spent the last days learning for a really difficult (and probably last) exam that I had yesterday (and gladly turned out well), so I had not so much time to work on pma.
What I did accomplish however is a bigger reorganization of the code, so that the single tabs of the status page can be refreshed via ajax. Also I fixed some bugs that I introduced with the changes I made in the week before as well as some fixes in other parts of pma. And finally I have fixed the reported bug 'Query Statistics add to well over 250% - ID: 3242060'.
Altogether I would say my project goal 'Restructure the page, add more interactivity to it' has been completed, and I have come up with a good idea for server status charting which is what I'm going to work on next week. Also I want to merge together some pages, which I already wanted to do last week, but lacked the time.
My initial idea of using a cronjob to record server status variables over time in order to chart them has the big disadvantage that additional setup is required which not every user can do as well as a low data density since cronjobs can not run more often than once every minute.
So I'm thinking to first implemented a windows task-manager-like charting that does an AJAX request every x seconds and thus slowly filling the chart. That allows for accurate real-time information which does not require any setup. For long term server status charting, a cronjob method could still be implemented as alternative.
Looking forward to build more cool stuff! :)