Saturday, December 17, 2011

Anego CMS Modules - Report 5

In the last 2 Weeks I've been busy implementing a small image editor that allows the user to crop and resize images for the gallery. It turned out to be unexpectedly much work to create a 3-in-1 Image resizer, Cropper and Dragging tool that has some usability. Hence, I wasn't able to write the server code for it yet, which is however the easiest part. For the next report there's a number of functionalities that I have to build:
  • Store and restore the image size and cropped area so a user doesn't need to select it from anew if he wanted the picture just a bit bigger.
  • Server code for cropping and resizing
  • Allow image editing of both thumbnail and full size picture. For this I have already refactored the image editing code into a jquery plugin for it to be modular.



For this project I will probably drop my plans for improving the blog and focus entirely on the gallery. I realize it's a better choice to have a feature-complete, versatile gallery module, rather than having 2 not very finished modules.

No comments:

Post a Comment