Due to the holidays this report has been slightly delayed ;-)
However, I'm happy to report that the gallery module is now mostly finished and only a number of smaller features are missing. Since the last report I've completed:
- Store/Restore image size and crop area
- All the server side code
- Default sizes from which the user can select from. This includes default sizes for the original image, the preview image and the crop area.
- Pictures can be deleted.
- There's now default sizes for the original and preview image which is a per-gallery setting.
- Drag&Drop image reordering is finally working too. I've had difficulties getting jQuery UI Sortable to work, the bug being wrong event bubbling.
- Added a very simple pagination for the blog (not related to the gallery module)
- A ton of bug fixing
The gallery module is now also being tested and running the gallery on my wife's website saraty.com. I was happy to hear that she is very pleased with the simplicity of setting up a gallery. Below is a screenshot of an image being edited.
Until the end of January the only things left to do are:
- There is one bug left to fix with image reordering
- Classic style file upload with file selection
- If there is time left, there could be some per-gallery-batch-image-resize so one could easily change all the preview and original image sizes.
- Write documentation.