Sunday, August 14, 2011

Week 12 report

My Project is completed. The only thing that is left to do is to improve the code style, write some documentation on the phpMyAdmin wiki, fix any occurring bugs and tweak some things here and there.
I still added a new feature this week which took a lot of rewriting in the monitor code. It is now very easy to add preset charts over calculated values. I've already added two, which is for Query cache efficiency and Query cache usage (%). The reason why I had to rewrite a lot is because in case of the query cache usage, it also required a server variable (query cache size). So I've adjusted the chart configuration code to be more generic about the required data.

What I did this week:
- One new feature: Preset charts over calculated values. Newly added: Query cache efficiency and query cache usage (%).
- Improved page load performance by loading the monitor code on demand (+ other speed improvements)
- Implemented and improved the new tooltip system made by Aris
- Added and adjusted some rules for the Advisor system
- Made lots of code style improvements
- Lots of bugfixing

What I will do next week:
- Documentation
- Keep tweaking and scrubbing the code :-)
- Build stuff from my week 10 ideas list again with the leftover time

No comments:

Post a Comment